I Did It!

Well my Scrapbooking room is set.......not only have I cleaned it up from head to toe but I have also removed any scrapbooking materials from the linen cupboard (overflow) and I have sorted out all of my scraps (Brayden is going to have a ball!)
I am in a bit of a clean up frame of mind (it always feels good once it is done:)) so today's tasks will be the study, linen cupboard and bathroom........then maybe I can do some creating once all done!

The new poems, yes poems (x2) not poem, have started along at Scrap That Poetry. It is very exciting because not only are there two poems for inspiration but you have until the 14th of January to enter!
Do you have great Christmas photos you need to scrap? Then hop on over to Scrap That Poetry as the poems are perfect inspiration. Also check out what great projects the design team have created for you.

The first poem is written by: Marinela Reka "A Shiny Little Star"
My inspiration was based on several words in this poem the first being Christmas. I used joy and love and then my own word to interpret the poem hope! These three words sum up Christmas for me. It is always nice for Christmas to arrive and for many happy memories to be made during the Christmas season. It is a busy time but there is nothing better than decorating the house and spending time with friends and family! I had started this wreath last Christmas by applying some paint to the edges and never got back to it (sad I know!) so decided to use it for this poem. It was nice that the wreath is made of stars "shiny little stars."
Kaiser Star Wreath, Bella Christmas Paper Range, Kaiser Alpha Stickers - Cream, Kaiser Mini Alpha Stickers - Cream, Burgundy Versa Mark, Dimensional Magic, Scrap FX Wordlet - Christmas, Bella Ribbonz, Making Memories Paint, misc. ribbons (recycled from gifts), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Brick.

The second poem is written by: Walter de la Mare "Mistletoe - A Christmas Poem"
I thoroughly enjoyed doing this layout for this poem. I took my inspiration from the words "Someone came and kissed me there." This photo was taken of my hubby and I at our engagement party, many years ago. We were young and in love......still are (in love that is!).
I used the Kaiser wooden flourish as the mistletoe! This was my first experiment with Glimmer Mist on a layout and I would have to say that I love it.....just need more colours now:) I also put my journalling as hidden journalling under the photo.....I didn't want it to take away from the photo and that kiss - no kissing like that anymore....I'm lucky if there is anymore than a peck...hehehehe!
White and Burgundy Bazzill Cardstock; Papers - Kaiser 'Tis the Season Collection; Quilling Tool - berries on the holly, swirls and ends of paper; Imaginisce i-Top Tool and large brad; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Brick; Lettering - Basic Grey Blush Letters; Kaiser Wooden Flourish

Now just to make this all a little bit more fun and help you out with your entry I have a very Christmassy RAK to give away......it is so easy to enter! If you are the winner of this RAK you will receive a Kaiser Christmas pack....
A big thanks to Julianne from Jules Scrap Haven for helping me put this together.

All you need to do to enter is:
*Become a follower of
my blog here
as well as
the Scrap That Poetry blog
. If you have a blog make a quick blog post about it....the more the merrier!
For an extra entry into the draw:
* Leave me a comment sharing with me what your favourite Christmas range of papers is.

Enter here by leaving a comment (let me know you have completed the requirements and an entry or two will be added for you). You have until midnight 4/1/11 AEDST. A winner will be announced on the 5th of January!

And don't forget about the giveaway on Artful Delight (scroll down to check it out)!
Until next time....happy scrapping,

Melxx


Comments

Jenn Seymour said…
Hey, great work, I love the kissed LO....you are both so young!! Gives me an idea for a pic of us :)
Jo Hanna said…
Great work Mel, well done on the clean up I need to do that at the shop already!
Amanda said…
I know how you feel.. what early thirties and we get nothing but a peck... we sound SO OLD!!! What happened??? hehe!
Love it but...
Amanda said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

May You Always Be Loved