Where have the holidays gone!

I can't believe how quickly the first week of the school holidays have gone! The weather has been beautiful and we have had lots of fun doing not much at all.
I have, however, completed a few projects. My nephew, Harrison, was born in August 2009 and his dad took a photo of him as a new bub. As soon as I saw this photo I knew that I wanted to scrap it. I knew exactly what paper range I wanted to use. It has taken me far too long to get to the final result but this week I pulled this layout together quite quickly. I work so much quicker when the plan has been in my head for a while! I have used the Kaisercraft Peek A Boo collection. I love this baby range!

The other project I have had in my mind for a while is this one of my Aunty and my Pop (her Dad). Aunty Liz if you are reading this.........close your eyes now or move away from the computer!!!! In March my Pop passed away. Afterwards my Uncle sent a disc filled with lots of photos from his life. This photo was one of them. I have no idea where or when it was taken but hopefully when I give it to my Aunty she will be able to enlighten me.
I have used a Twiddleybitz Shadow Box, how easy are their products to use, and have built the layout inside that. I used the Kaisercraft Tudor Collection and made my own roses using this paper. The little fence and the scroll at the top is from Twiddleybitz. Here is a close up of the roses.
I loved creating this project. It took me the whole weekend away in Beechworth with some beautiful friends and then some to complete it......well worth the time and I hope that my Aunty loves it!
Anyway I best be going....we are heading off to Ten Pin Bowling. It will be interesting.....Brayden has only ever bowled on the Wii......just a touch different!!
Oh yes, by the way........I am going to be published in Scrapbook Creations......I am so thrilled! Keep your eye out for my layout in the next little bit!
Until next time,
Melxx

Comments

Nikki xx said…
Mel, your layout is just soo very beautiful - what a precious photo! I love how your framed layout finished up...it is just spectacular :) xxx
Amanda said…
Ten pin bowling... we went for Tamika's birthday and like Brayden, Logan had only ever bowled using Wii (which he is very good at). Unfortunately, he didn't enjoy his real life experience. Was a bit bored and frustrated as he couldn't get the hang of it, even with bumper bowling.
Hope that your family enjoyed it and Brayden liked his first real life game.

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Me

May You Always Be Loved